Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING (INCLUDING WATER) AFTER 12:00pm MIDNIGHT the evening before your morning procedure. If having afternoon surgery, you may have a liquid breakfast and then no food or water for 6 hours prior to surgery.
- DO NOT SMOKE THE MORNING of your procedure.
If you take insulin, a blood thinner such as Coumadin, blood pressure medicine or any daily medication, please ask whether or not you can take these the morning of your procedure. In general, regular medication may be taken with a sip of water.
What to Wear
- Wear comfortable loose clothing with short sleeves. Avoid turtlenecks and garments with tight sleeves.
- Do not bring valuables with you. We cannot be responsible for lost or misplaced items.
- If you wear contact lenses, you will be asked to remove them. Please bring your container for this purpose.
A responsible adult MUST accompany you to your appointment and drive you home. If you are under the age of 18, the accompanying person must be a parent or legal guardian. They must remain in the reception room during your procedure and be able to accompany you home after office discharge.
Length of stay
After the procedure, you will rest in the recovery area for approximately 30-45 min. You may remain there until you are ready to go home.
- If prior to the surgery date you develop a fever, rash, sore throat or nasal congestion or any symptom of a “cold” or “flu”, please call the office at Northbrook Location Phone Number 847-272-9516.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time to be checked in.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, if you are going to be late or have any questions, please notify the office at Northbrook Location Phone Number 847-272-9516. Your cooperation with the above instructions is required for your safety and comfort.