Oral Surgeon Mark J. Steinberg DDS, MD, FACS
Dr. Steinberg is a well known Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in the Chicago-land area. He has been practicing Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery for over 30 years, completing his residency in 1983. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Prior to entering private practice Dr. Steinberg was a professor of surgery at the Loyola Stritch School of Medicine. He was also the chief of the division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and program director of the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery residency program at Loyola University Medical Center. During his notable academic career, Dr. Steinberg also taught residents and practiced Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in other medical centers including Michael Reese Hospital, Cook County Hospital and Northwestern University Dental School.
Dr. Steinberg completed his undergraduate studies at the State University of New York at Buffalo earning a BA degree. He then received his DDS degree from Northwestern University School of Dentistry, and later earned an MD degree from Hahnemann School of Medicine in Philadelphia.
He is a fellow of many professional societies and associations including the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and The American College of Surgeons. Dr. Steinberg has written many articles and text book chapters in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery literature. He has lectured both nationally and internationally on topics in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Steinberg has a strong commitment to community service. He has helped the Chicagoland community by volunteering surgical services to the Illinois Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped. He has also participated in many medical missions abroad, performing cleft lip and palate surgery for underprivileged children in South America.
Dr. Steinberg maintains a full scope Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery practice, performing all the standard oral surgical procedures such as wisdom teeth removal and dental implants, in addition to complex facial surgical procedures which include nerve repair surgery, treatment of facial cysts and tumors and facial reconstruction surgery.
Dr. Steinberg lives in the north shore region with his wife and two children. He enjoys Camping, Fishing, Scuba Diving, and Family Time.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Chicago Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Chicago Dental Forum
- Chicago Academy of Dental Research
- Colégio Brasileiro de Cirurgia e Traumatologia Buco-Maxilo-Facial – (Brazil) Honorary Member
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Great Lakes Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, dental honor society
- Alpha Omega Alpha, medical honor society
- NorthShore University HealthSystem – Highland Park Hospital
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Loyola University Medical Center